- The 3 knockdown rule is ALWAYS in effect in IKF kickboxing unless otherwise noted between the
promoter, referee and IKF Representative
at the event.
The IKF 3 knockdown
rule is as follows:
- If a fighter is knocked down to the mat 3 times in one round OR given 3
standing 8 counts in one round, the bout is automatically over.
- A fighter cannot be saved by the bell except in the final round.
- A boot to boot sweep in any division is NOT counted as a knockdown.
- Leg checking is permitted with the shin, but not with the foot.
- Front leg sweeps, foot to foot, boot to boot, to the inside & outside
of opponents front foot are permitted by BOTH feet of the striker/sweeper. No
spin sweeps. (In MuayThai Rules ONLY, the supporting "Rear"
leg is also allowed to be sweeped)
- Slips will not count as a knockdown or a standing 8 count in ANY Fighting
- Standing 8 Count is Always used in the IKF.
If a fighter looks helpless and receives several blows to the head or body but
continues to stand, not move and not defend him or herself, the referee will
give the fighter a standing 8 count and, if the referee feels it is necessary,
may stop the fight at that time.
- If a fighter loses by TKO or Knockout from a blow to the head, the IKF WILL suspend him/her from competition for a
minimum of 30 days for a TKO, 45+ days for a KO, for medical and safety
- If a fighter is knocked down to the ring floor or falls to the floor,
he/she must get up under their own power.
- If a fighter is knocked down, the other fighter must retreat to farthest
- If a fighter drops his mouthpiece 3 times during a round, he/she will be
disqualified from the match and lose by a technical knockout.
- If a fighter or trainer cuts the strings or ANY part of their fight gloves,
they will be liable for the cost of a NEW pair of gloves. Payment is DEMANDED at
the event and paid to the promoter. Pro Fighters: The Glove Fee will be taken
from your purse before you are paid your purse.
CUT THEM, YOU BUY THEM!"
- FOR HANDWRAPPING information click HERE
- For all other bout Equipment details click HERE